I have decided to write on my trotting days. Passion to travel comes natural to me. When I am on road, i am more at ease and could sense the purpose of my existence. I hate to behave like a tourist when i reach a place. I feel the real joy is in the journey and hence, once i reach a place i prefer to explore it.
I self drive to places which gives me much more freedom. It gives me freedome to decide my pit stops along the way and also helps in keeping a check my budget. I have spent nights in driving and taking naps in my car.
I am foodie to the core but, yes, a strict vegetarian. I have a special inclination for street food and thus every nook and corner of india is special to me. 🙂
Other than my car Ford Figo, my Canon 600D is my perfect partner or say brother in arms.
Further, Its important to mention that my job also permits me to visit many places specially deep rural part of India. but wont prefer to list them here, otherwise i have been to all the places across India barring North-East. Let me jot down … some of the places i have been to as traveler.
- Kashmir: Srinagar, Gulmarg and Pahalgam (My Honeymoon trip)
- Himachal Pradesh: Manali, Sangla, Chhitkul, Kinnaur Valley, Sarahan (So far most adventurous of all, drove 19 hours in hills at a stretch to reach 500KM from Delhi)
- Uttaranchal: Rishikesh, Haridwar, Gangotri, Nanital, Uttarkashi ( Water Rafting, tracking)
- Bangkok and Pattaya (Fun touring)
- Madhya Pradesh: Ujjain, Sanchi, Khajuraho, Chanderi, Kanha National Park, Mandu, Indore, Bhopal (A photographer’s trail)
- Chhattisgarh: Bastar, Chitrakut Fall
- Punjab: Chandigarh, Amritsar
- Maharshtra: Mumbai, Nanded, Pune, Khandala, Sangli
- Uttar Pradesh: Varanasi, Agra, Vrindavan, Allahabad…..
But now for the last two years, i have become an offbeat trotter. Have given up leisure touring and become budget travel and a frequent traveler to places. Have driven day and night, myriad bumpy rides. And my other passion i.e. photography also itches my foot to leave home and hit the road.
So, My entire enthusiasm to explore places is driven by the perfect trilogy of my passion to drive, passion to travel and passion to photograph.